Saturday, January 10, 2009

This is one joke I learned during the Men's Conference back in DUMC.

There was once a young pastor who was always facing problems every weekend concerning the congregation sleeping during sermon time. One day, he decided to visit the bishop.

He asked the bishop about this problem and how he handled it.

The bishop replied with this :

"Last night, I was in the arms of another woman, whose not my wife," in a trembling manner. Then he continues by going to say that, "But my MOTHER!"

So the young pastor thought that this was very suitable then. So he decided to use this "tactic" the following weekend.

The following weekend later........................ he noticed that many people were about to fall asleep.

He began to tremble as he hold tight on the sides of the pulpit saying, "Last night. I was in the arms of another woman." As he said this, he was beginning to fumble. All of a sudden, he begins to say, "Oh no! I forgot whose arms I was in." Suddenly he remembers again, and burst out with full confidence, saying, "Oh ya! Now I remember! It was the BISHOP'S MOTHER!!!"




The End

No comments: